Friday, August 24, 2007

Too much stuff!

With as much as we travel, both internationally and just around Texas and the States when we are in the U.S. as we are presently (especially since we have no true home in America) you get pretty good at packing. I'm a minimalist although it wasn't always so. The first time I went to Turkey on a short term missions trip for 2 months I was freaked out about how many pairs of socks to bring! Now I have the perfect solution - I wear chacos, all year round - and NEVER wear socks. Don't think I even own any.






Another thing I don't own? A hairbrush. Not even a comb. Haven't for years and years. I guess when Baby Girl starts getting more locks that situation will have to change.

So I'm off on a short weekend trip. Every once in a while the to urge to overpack creeps up on me.
"Maybe I should take diaper rash cream incase"
"What if she runs a fever, better bring some Tylenol"
"How many sippy cups do we need?"

then I calm down and realize there ARE grocery stores where we are going and my friend DOES have a sink to wash out one and only one sippy cup for travel. So I'm all packed, Baby Girl and myself in a small backpack and her diaper bag. Oh, and her Pack N Play for her to sleep in. Oh yeah, and her stroller. Guess the reality is there isn't such a thing as truly packing light anymore with a baby in tow!

No comments: