Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Confidence

My parents did a really good job of raising my sister and I with a lot of self-confidence. I've never been one to shy away from voicing my opinion or joining in a conversation. I think of myself as a rather assertive person. I generally tend to think I have a decent answer for most things or at least can figure out how to get the answer.

But there's something about shopping for baby shoes that has revealed to me my inner indecisiveness. (well okay, shopping in general tends to do that in me!) I guess it must be that at just 14 months Baby Girl is too young to tell me if the shoes feel good or not. And since we are on such a limited budget it's not like I can get her several different pairs. She's also right between a size 4 and 5. She has some adorable size 5 hand-me-down sneakers that make her trip. She has some really cute size 4 sandals but I wanted something to cover her toes. I'd keep her in Robeez all the time if I could afford them but I just can't spend more on baby shoes than I would on my own shoes!

So there I was today - after going to every consignment shop in town with no avail and then every shoe store and department store in the mall just to find shoes out of my price range we ended up back at Target. There were several choices and I think it took me nearly half an hour to pick these ones out:

Cute, huh? The best part is how Baby Girl ran around in them when we got home and got them on her feet. She has loved shoes for a while (mom's shoes, Mimi's shoes, her own shoes...) You could tell that once we put these on her feet she felt like she could go anywhere and do anything - and do it running! She ran circles around the kitchen table then circles around Grandpa's wheelchair... it was hilarious!

She's such a cutie pie!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love those shoes!!!!

I'm so with you on the shoe shopping woes! I just took all four of mine for Fall/Winter shoes. Praise God for Payless' Buy One..Get One 1/2 Off! lol

I stood there staring at Matthew's size for maybe 10 minutes trying to decide what he might like. Unfortunately they didn't have the Cars shoes in his size. He smiled at the Spiderman light-up shoes. He let me take off the boring velcro white and navy ones. But it was the pair that he refused to take off that I finally decided were THE pair. LOL!

Anonymous said...

cute shoes! :-)